Who doesn’t love to explore the world of fine Whisky and of course enjoy a glass of fizz thanks to that great sparkling wine region of Prosecco. So, what about combining the two – Can it be a match made in heaven?
Here with have a very simple, easy to make whisky and Prosecco cocktail that you can do at home and it is very likely that you will have all the ingredients already and haven’t got to make that quick dash out to the local grocery store. Prosecco, honey and single malt whisky is a great tasting cocktail that many will love and enjoy, especially those lazy Summer days in the garden.
“The beauty of this cocktail is that the honey and the single malt whisky shine through perfectly with a great refreshing Prosecco taste thanks to its not so over powering low sugar content. Easy to drink, easy to make – A great cocktail.” Christopher Walkey, Founder of Glass of Bubbly.
So, what exactly do you need to make this tempting cocktail?
- Bottle of chilled Prosecco.
- Granulated sugar.
- An orange.
Just because the ingredients are simple, it does not mean the end result is anything basic and I am sure many will love the tasting experience this cocktail offers. Here is what you need to do:
- Pour the half a teaspoon of granulated sugar in to a coupe style Champagne glass (we used a coupe from Artis Glassware).
- Pour in a teaspoon of honey. We used Tiptree Honey.
- Mix the honey with the sugar in to a paste.
- Pour in a measure of whisky. We used The Arran Malt (10 year old 46%).
- Mix the three together so that the granulated sugar is nearly dissolved.
- Now pour in Prosecco. We used Skinny Prosecco for this cocktail as it has both a low sugar count and is isn’t too highly sweet / fruity as per normal Prosecco taste allowing for the honey and the whisky taste to express their characters in the cocktail.
- Now simply give it a very quickly stir, add a slice of orange and the fizzy activities in the glass will dissolve the granulated sugar and mix perfectly the ingredients to give you a great tasting cocktail.