‘The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2019’
Early Bird Price to enter per wine £100 + VAT (dates for sending wines for judging TBC).
Entries open – 10th January 2019 Deadline for entry – 18th August 2019
Judging takes place – September 2019
Awards evening takes place at the amazing Marriot County Hall, Westminster, London (Date & Time TBC).
Follow the awards on social media with the hashtag #GOBAwards
To find out more about sponsoring and becoming a media partner, email: [email protected]
“Please note that our awards are totally blind tasting format, our organisers are not involved in the judging nor giving scores to wines“
The categories for The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards 2018 (Please note that our judges will decide which category your wine fits in to):
- Creamy – (A soft rounded wine that gives you a buttery / creamy experience of aromas and in taste).
- Classic & Elegant – (This will likely be a stylish wine showing balance with a refined quality).
- Dessert – (A stand out sweeter tasting wine that will pair well with most dessert dishes).
Fireworks – (An intense and powerful wine that really bursts with flavours in the mouth).
- First Date – (The perfect wine to accompany that first date. Nothing too complex and not necessarily a wine that needs to pair with exact foods).
Forget Me Not – (A wine with a unique taste. There’s something very different about this wine making it stand out).
- Gastronomic – (A fine complex wine that hold enough body to accompany most popular main dishes).*
Guilt Free – (This will be a low sugar sparkling wine, less than 3g of sugar content per bottle).
Hint of Spice – (This wine will offer a bit of a kick with a spicy tone).
Light & Fruity – (A light and easy to drink fruity wine).
- Meditation – (An addictive wine for those special relaxing times. This wine will express itself more and more the longer it is opened and the longer it stays in your glass).
Oaky & Toasty – (This wine will likely have been aged in oak barrels and have a toasty flavour).
Sea Breeze – (When you taste this wine you will imagine yourself standing on the beach and tasting those tiny sea drops in the air).
Spring Fling – (Floral, blossom aromas and flavour that immediately hits the spot).
Summer Days – (Does not have to be a complicated wine, will offer a refreshing and crisp tasting experience ideal for accompanying time spent in the sun / shade).
- Vintage – (A serious wine with highly complex aromas and a lengthy taste explosion of many layers).
- Winter Warmer – (Perfect on a winter’s evening sat in front of the fire, likely to be a fuller flavoured wine).
- Zesty & Zingy – (A wine that will likely be citrus flavoured with a definite zing to it).
Michael Edwards Award – (A wine that stands out most for our honorary judge).
- The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly – (This wine will be superior in impressing the judges and will have received the overall highest point score and gold star ratings).
* Gastronomy will be split in to varied food categories: Sea food, Game, Curry, Oyster Companion, Chocolate Dessert and more…