Discover more English Sparkling Wine at Waitrose
19th April 2016
Waitrose already stocks the widest range of English and Welsh wine in a supermarket and have now announced that this Spring they are expanding their range by a quarter.
For ten of the English wine producers new to the supermarket’s shelves, this will be their first listing in a multiple retailer.
Waitrose wine buyer Rebecca Hull MW says: ‘We have been tasting tirelessly to unearth the very best English wines available and share them with our customers. Many of these wines come from small beginnings and we are really proud to be so closely involved in the English wine industry at such an exciting time. From rich reds to delicious dessert wines, the UK can now offer a home-grown wine for every occasion, which is something to be extremely proud of.’
The expansion is in the most part, happening via the Waitrose Local & Regional scheme, where wines are stocked in branches 30 miles or less from their vineyards. However, the whole range will also be available nationally via the Waitrose Cellar website.
- Camel Valley Cornwall Brut NV Cornwall £26.99
- Chafor Estate Vintage Cuvée 2013 Buckinghamshire £30.00 Exclusive to Waitrose
- Hush Heath Balfour Leslie’s Reserve NV Kent £24.99
- Squerryes Vintage Reserve Brut 2011 Kent £30.00 Exclusive to Waitrose
- Furleigh Estate Dorset Coast Special Reserve 2010 Dorset £22.50 Exclusive to Waitrose
- Castle Brook Classic Cuvée Brut 2009 Herefordshire £32.00 Exclusive to Waitrose Cellar
- Hambledon Classic Cuvée NV Hampshire £30.00
- Hambledon Première Cuvée NV Hampshire £40.00 Exclusive to Waitrose Cellar
- Black Dog Hill Classic Cuvée 2011 South Downs, Sussex £30.00 Waitrose Cellar only
- Sixteen Ridges Signature Cuvée 2013 Herefordshire £24.99 Exclusive to Waitrose
- Eastcott Meldon Brut Rosé 2013 Devon Exclusive to Waitrose
- Digby Fine English Leander Pink NV £30.00
Glass of Bubbly
Executive editor of news content for the website Please enjoy the articles that we share - We hope you find our love for Champagne & Sparkling Wines both interesting and educational.